Monday 20 January 2014

On my sewing table...


A sewing space!  It's not huge, and there is still a huge pile of kids' artwork on top waiting to be sorted, but I finally have a sewing desk.  I'm hoping this will be good for productivity as I can now leave my machine out and fit in the odd bit of sewing whenever I've got a free moment.  

To start 2014 I'm making a Renfrew top.  Actually I'm making three!  In another bid to increase productivity I cut out the pattern in three different fabrics to sew up over the next couple of weeks.




The fabrics are a navy blue viscose jersey, a crazy print jersey with a fairly open weave, I guess almost a tissue knit, and a sweatshirt knit (all from Minerva Crafts) making for three very different Renfrews.   These were some of the fabrics I ordered for my birthday back in October.

Birthday bundle - hip hip hooray!


I  made my first Renfrew a couple of months back from the purple marl jersey.  I really love it and I wear it all the time.  I've cut out the long sleeved round neck versions in the blue viscose jersey and the sweatshirt fabric and the cowl neck 3/4 sleeve version in the crazy print, all in the size that I cut out previously.  This may be a bit of a gamble considering the very different fabric weights but it'll be interesting to see how they all turn out.  I feel I need to undertake a bit of trial and error in order to learn how different fabrics behave and affect sizing, etc.  If all goes wrong and they're not fit to be worn in public at the very least I can use them for pj tops!  Actually I think I really need some Renfrew pj tops in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.