It's June! Here is my final roundup and thoughts about Me Made May '15.
Day 22 - Indian Print top, white viscose jersey vest top, Denim Moss Jean Skirt, shop bought slinky cardi.
Day 23 - Purple Renfrew (unblogged), speckled knit skirt (to be blogged).
Day 24 - Indian Print top, white viscose jersey vest top, Agatha cardi, speckled knit skirt (to be blogged).
Day 25 - Agatha cardi, shop bought stripey top (refashioned from Maternity top), Kelly/Moss mash up skirt.
Day 26 - Yellow Brick Road cardi, Denim Moss Jean skirt, shop bought sheer jersey top, blue viscose jersey vest top.
Day 27 - Pashmina top, blue viscose jersey vest top, Denim Moss Jean skirt.
Day 28 - Sweatshirt Renfrew, purple Renfrew (unblogged), refashioned jeans skirt (unblogged).
Day 29 - Purple Renfrew (unblogged), speckled knit skirt (to be blogged), shop bought hoodie.
Day 30 - Indian Print top, white viscose jersey vest top, Denim Moss Jean Skirt, February Lady Sweater.
Day 31 - Pashmina top, blue viscose jersey vest top, Yellow Brick Road cardi, speckled knit skirt (to be blogged).
So, there you have it! Wow, am I glad to be done with the daily selfies!!! Here are my thoughts:
- I fulfilled my pledge to wear at least two handmade garments a day throughout May, and some days I managed more items, or a whole outfit.
- There were a few days when I found the challenge tricky, when I would probably otherwise have just thrown on whatever I was wearing the day before, but overall I'd say that it was a helpful exercise.
- I had to really think about what I was going to wear each day, and how I was going to mix up outfits a bit. Also, I don't have any 'slobby' handmade clothes, so I felt fairly well dressed all month.
- I quickly realised which areas I am short on (tops!) which in turn helped me to push ahead with sewing plans.
- I don't have any trousers!! This goes for shop bought as well - I'm not happy wearing any of my old jeans or trousers now, so perhaps that's something to work on (although the thought of making trousers is pretty daunting!).
- Overall I think I confirmed to myself that I have been managing to make 'wearable' clothes, things that I will choose to pick up and wear daily over other shop bought things I own. Now that Me Made May has finished I don't think my daily wardrobe will change very much, although it will be nice not to have to think quite so hard about what to wear in the mornings!
- Thanks Zoe for a great challenge!