Saturday 17 August 2013

We're all going on a summer holiday...





...no more sewing for a week or two!  

Apologies for my blog silence (if anybody's missed me!).  I didn't want you to think I'd dropped off the face of the planet.  I'm finding that school/summer holidays are not conducive to sewing or blogging productivity - no surprise there perhaps!  Having said that, I have actually completed a couple of makes - I made my first Miette skirt in the odd moments I could squeeze in between holiday activities, and I have finally finished my second Sorbetto attempt.  The trouble is I haven't had time to take the photos to blog about them.  

Now on an enforced absence from my sewing machine I am keeping myself going with vicarious sewing satisfaction reading other people's blogs.  Meanwhile I am chomping at the bit to get back and get making!  

I did bring one make with me - I'm trying to finish off my 'Oil on Rainwater' Honey Cowl whilst I'm here with a bit of beach knitting...


...a great activity to do from my comfortable spot on the beach blanket whilst I watch the others doing this...


Suffice to say we are having a lovely break filled with plenty of sun, sea, family, and a bit of this too...


I know the pics make it look glorious, but I have to admit it's actually tipping it down with rain as I type!  Oh well, it's what you have to expect from an English holiday, and overall we've had more sun than we could normally have hoped for.  Until next time...


Back soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.