I checked out a couple of tutorials on the web, such as this one and this one, and decided to combine a few details from each. I was cautious about making it too thick with lots of layers as Grandma's sewing machine had a tendency to complain. I cut out all the pieces (always the scary part for me) then spent a happy Mother's Day 2011 putting it all together, particularly special as this meant having several hours of 'me' time - unusual with two preschool age children. Clearly daddy won brownie points that year!
I was really happy with the finished product. Using the tips from the tutorials it was fairly easy to put together, just a case of making sure the layers were sewn in the right order.